When is assisted living right for you?
Knowing how to recognize the right time for additional assistance comes down to individual health needs, desires, and ability to maintain a self-sufficient lifestyle. While some seniors choose to stay at home, others choose a safer, more comfortable environment. Assisted living can be a relaxing change in lifestyle. Escape the upkeep of a house, yard work, and maintenance while meeting genuine people who have similar interests.
The best way to determine whether now is the time to make the move, is to consider the following questions:
- Are you or your family member feeling isolated at home?
- Are meals being skipped, or are poor eating habits immerging?
- Have the routine chores of home maintenance become a challenge?
- Is daily assistance to manage personal care needed?
- Is your loved one showing signs of forgetfulness that may threaten his/her safety?
- Are you or your loved one starting to loose touch with friends or family?
- Are you or your loved one giving up hobbies, interests or pursuits that are meaningful?
If the answer to all or most of the questions above is no, the decision to move is solely a matter of individual choice.
If your answer to some of the questions above is yes, you or your loved one could benefit by moving into a senior living community. Surrounded by the support of a caring and loyal staff along with a variety of social, spiritual and educational activities, you or your loved one will thrive.